Proliferating popularity of video content has been growing immensely over the last few years. The streaming industry is only getting bigger and better. Today, live streaming has evolved into live television as a result of the demand for online video content. NBC is one of its kind streaming services that supports live TV for free.
Available as a standalone app on Roku, you must activate it at nbc.com/roku to stream NBC shows, TV series, local news, classic hits, etc on your big screen. Wondering how? So, let’s get started…
Roku: Know your Device
An on-demand content ecosystem has led to the proliferation of multiple streaming devices in the market today. These organize and simplify access to your media library in addition to offering exclusive online content.
Moreover, streaming devices have revolutionized the entertainment industry altogether. Thus, today consumers are enjoying OTT content delivered via streaming devices such as Amazon Fire TV, Apple TV, etc.
Roku is one such popular streaming device with which you can stream your favourite online shows and content (in HD quality) directly on a big screen.
When it comes to quantity, Roku has the largest collection. You may choose to stream more than 500,000 movies and TV episodes. Its exclusive universal search helps you find shows across a variety of platforms without prioritizing one over another.
Steps to add and install NBC via nbc.com/roku on your Roku Device
To stream the channel through a connected device or Smart TV, you will first have to install the NBC streaming app and then activate it via nbc.com/roku. Upon successful activation, you can access and watch all the content available.
Before you activate the channel NBC on your Roku device, all you must do is first add and install the app. Let’s get you started:
- Connect your Roku device to the HDMI port on the TV. Now press the home button on your remote and turn on the Roku player.
- Highlight to click on the Streaming Channels option from the left panel.
- On the screen next that pops up, select the Search or Search Channels option.
- Here, type in the channel name as NBC using the on-screen keys.
- From the displayed suggestions column select the channel to proceed further.
- Select the Add Channel option in the blue box on the channel info page.
- Wait until the installation ends and select OK from the pop-up. You can now launch the NBC channel on your Roku device and access its features.
Activate NBC on your Roku at nbc.com/roku
Upon successful installation of the NBC streaming app, you’re just a step closer to accessing the channel and its exclusive content. Before that, all you have to do is activate the channel via nbc.com/roku.
To activate the channel NBC on your Roku device, let’s walk you through the steps below:
- To get started, first visit Roku’s home screen and scroll down to open the NBC app.
- Now select the Streaming Channels option and search the NBC channel app. Alternatively, you can also select the channel from the displayed channel list.
- Now select the Go to channel option.
- You are now required to create an NBC profile if you’re using the channel for the first time on Roku
- Open the channel and you’d receive a unique activation code. Copy or save the code before proceeding further.
- Now navigate straight to nbc.com/activate/roku.
- Enter the copied code here and tap on the Continue button.
- Select your device and sign in with your TV service provider credentials.
Once your Roku home screen is refreshed, the NBC app is all set to stream your favourite NBC content on the big screen.
The entertainment industry has taken a massive turn with the rise of live-streaming services. Consequently, the popularity of traditional TV has begun to decline with the rise of OTT services like Netflix, Disney+, Hulu, Amazon Prime etc.
Besides the exclusive on-demand content, these services offer users the ability to watch their favourite shows anytime anywhere at the click of a button.
So, activate NBC via nbc.com/activate/roku today on your Roku device
and enjoy popular NBC shows like This is Us, Saturday Night Live, Law & Order and much more.
FAQs – Frequently Asked Questions
Want to know more about NBC activation on Roku? Consider a few FAQs below.
Q. Can I stream CNBC on Roku?
Yes. CNBC is an officially supported channel on your Roku device.
Q. How do I resolve an NBC live streaming issue on my Roku device?
You can fix this issue if you re-link your TV provider to NBC by following the steps below:
- From settings, unlink your service provider
- Now close and restart the NBC app
- Navigate back to settings and re-link your TV provider
Q. Is it possible to stream the NBC Sports Gold channel on my Roku device?
Yes. NBC is available as a standalone channel on your Roku channel store. If you’re following the above-mentioned installation and activation procedure, you can easily stream the NBC Sports Gold Channel.
NOTE: In the Search Channel section, type in the channel name as NBC Sports Gold unlike NBC alone.
Q. Is it possible to stream MSNBC on Roku?
Yes. You can watch MSNBC on Roku if you have the NBC channel installed. But you can’t stream the channel with the NBC app.
Q. How do I troubleshoot when my NBC activation code isn’t working?
To activate NBC on any streaming device, you will receive an activation code.At this stage,if you find an error after entering the code at nbc.com/activate or you’re unable to connect to the NBC app, here’s how you can fix the issue.
- Clear cookies and cache from your browser
- Use a different browser via incognito mode on a mobile device
- Now re-enter the activation code
The NBC activation codes refresh after a few minutes. If the first one does not work, keep trying until you find a solution.
Q. Which other devices are compatible to stream the NBC channel?
Besides Roku, the NBC app is compatible to be streamed on other devices like Apple TV, Amazon Fire TV, Xbox One or Android TV etc.